Friday, December 2, 2011

Slowly but Surely, things are progressing nicely...

It seems like things are finally falling into place. Wednesday's blood draw went great. The HCG numbers increased to 313- up from 139. Our doctor said as long as the numbers double, we are good to go. So all is (relatively) quiet on the western front for now. So our next step is to have a heartbeat ultrasound. That's in two weeks... so for now, it's just full force ahead for holiday planning and shopping.

On other, non baby related news... (well, actually it is still involving the baby). J and I both drive little Honda Civics; definitely not very conducive for a baby (possibly two babies) and a Golden Retriever. So, obviously, we had decided that when we confirmed pregnancy we needed to make arrangements for a bigger vehicle. J has always wanted a Toyota 4Runner, so that's what we got. We test drove and purchased on Tuesday evening. It's black with black leather and we even asked the dealership to put in pink stitching. We get it back today and are sooo excited to see it. So, we have enough room to fit our little beans and our big pup. :) So excited!!

Pregnancy symptoms so far: Unbelievably starving ALLLL the time. And so incredibly exhausted. I went to bed at 9:00 last night and 8:30 the night before. Ridiculous. Other than that... I'm not feeling much difference, although the hunger thing is pretty crazy. I normally just eat three meals a day, and I am finding that I need to snack much more often than that. I don't really like that.

I'm glad it's the weekend. J and I are going to get our tree and start our Christmas shopping (hopefully). We just have a few gifts to get this year, so it shouldn't take too long.

I'll write more later. Just wanted to give a quick update on the crazy, pregnancy hysterics I'm experiencing... Till then, hope everyone out there has a great weekend! Lots of baby dust to those of you TTC. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new car! This summer when I old beast of a car was dying we decided to go car shopping for me. I ended up with a Ford Escape which I love. We had the same thinking that you did... how do you put a baby and a dog in the back of a small car??? Banjo (our dog) runs back and forth in the backseat when he sees motorcycles, bikes, or skateboards. That would have been fun with a baby in the car!

    ReplyDelete