Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holidays are Here! (Well, almost)

We leave for Utah in just a few days, and I have to admit that I am excited to have a white Christmas. Normally... my Christmas is warm, and sunny and I end up wearing some cute winter dress and boots. This year, however, will be a different story. We are going to J's family's house in cold, cold Utah and it will be much different. I am excited though.

Here's why: My family (as you all know) is Filipino. And not that we don't like Christmas or care for the holiday, but I always find that white people just know how to celebrate better. :) J's family is so excitable and I LOVE that about them... I'm not trying to sound racist or discriminating... because both our families have different traditions that I absolutely love and look forward to. I am just looking forward to a holiday filled with lots of little kids and seeing them all get so excited about their gifts. :)

I don't have much baby news to report. I do have one cute little story though... J calls our babies Francesca and Chuck. Chuck is the comedian and Francesca is our international superstar diva. (No, these will NOT be the names of our actual kids if we find out we are having a boy and girl). And each night, she says good night to each of them and she has these cute, private moments with them. It's just the cutest thing. Sometimes she may drive me bonkers, but times like this just makes my heart melt. :) And sometimes, throughout the night... when we're sleeping she'll nuzzle close to me and I can feel her touch my belly and pat the little beans. I know I'm going to get as big as a house in the next few months... but it's so cute to see how sweet and tender J is already with them. My next appointment isn't until January 2nd (with my RE) and then I have my first appointment with my OB on January 4th. I am excited for that week because that means we get to see our beans a lot that week. :) I can't wait to see how they are progressing; my RE said that we will be surprised at how much they have grown in just a few weeks.

To those of you TTC: I wish you lots of luck in this process. And those of you who are pregnant: Hopefully your pregnancy is going smoothly!

Happy Holidays, all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment