The picture says it all. We had our very first ultrasound today and we are happy to announce: we are having twinsies!!!! If you ask any of my cousins, they all know that I've always wanted to be a twin. I was OVERLY obsessed with Full House and LOVED the Olsen Twins... but obviously, me being a twin was not in the cards... so, my second best bet would be was to have twins of my own. Once upon a time when I was a straight, and married to a man... I thought he and I would have twins. Well, LUCKILY, him and I never bore any children... but TODAY, my dream came true. Our doctor performed the ultrasound and started explaining what we were looking at. "Here's your uterus, this is the placenta, and see that little flutter... that's the heart beating. Now we are going to roam around a little more to see if we have any more of those...." so he's roaming free with the magic wand... and ta-da... out comes baby number 2. And he says, "Hmmm... now, if that's one, how many do you NOW think you have?!" Now, I'm normally not a math whiz, but I DEFINITELY know that 1+1= 2. OMG.
So many thoughts are running through my head right now. We are uber excited and can't wait until these little beans progress even further. Today's appointment makes this pregnancy THAT much more real. I still can't believe it. We have waited (and pretty patiently, I would say) for this day to come... and now, not only have we been blessed with ONE baby, but we have have been blessed with two. It's definitely going to be a Merry Christmas in our household. :)
Our next appointment isn't for another two weeks... our doctor said that by that appointment, we will be surprised at how much bigger the beans will look (beans- my technical term... not his). I guess it makes sense why I have been so tired... it's because I am officially the house of TWO little guys. Ahh... Can't wait until we can find out what we're having. :)
To all you ladies in your TWW... best of luck to you and I'm sprinkling oodles of baby dust your way. Have faith in this process and stay positive!! It WILL happen. :)

Sooooo excited for you! That is a great surprise. :)
ReplyDeleteWOW I'm so excited for you guys! My wife and I had been TTC for nearly 2 years and got preggers in August! We are due April 27th (but we both have this "feeling" little dude will come early). If you are ever on facebook feel free to message/friend me. I'm going to be 21 weeks tomorrow so I can easily remember all the stages you are about to go through (short of the twin part... we only have one magic bean in there;). You can find me under: India Elizabeth Lipton. You can have fun checking out our many ultrasound photos... I'm high risk so we get to see our little dude more then average.
ReplyDeleteWishing beautiful baby dust to all that need it and extra special good fortune to J&C!
India (and Shirley my wife, Charlton our Great Dane who let me borrow his Google account to post this LOL, Dax our parrot and Baby D our son-to-be!)