Friday, December 16, 2011

Totally worth documenting...

I am always in shock when people pleasantly surprise me. Not that I expect people (in general) to be assholes, but I just sometimes forget how compassionate and loving people are. J and I are slowly but surely telling our close friends and family (well, J can't contain her excitement and is telling the world because all her co-workers know); however, I'm being more selective, because the little fear that is still looming over us for the next few weeks until we make it over the first trimester hump. J thinks we are untouchable and I admire her for that... but I am little more cautious in who I tell. I still get super giddy and excited though when we do tell a new person because everyone is sooo excited for us, and they are doubly excited (haha... no pun intended) when we tell them we're having twins.

Anyway, my parents are extremely excited... my mom is more nervous because I think she thinks back to when my brother and I were born... and how hard it was for her. So she thinks two babies at once is even more challenging. (A little background story-But I think you have to know, my brother and I are only 11 months apart. And after my brother was born, my dad came here to the United States before my mom, brother and me. So my mom had to take care of us in the Philippines by herself for a few months. And she she's nervous for having to care for two babies at once.) Luckily, I will not be alone and will have J by my side. My dad on the other hand, is SUPER excited. When I first told him I was pregnant... I was a little apprehensive. I just didn't know how he'd react. But the first thing he said when I told him he was going to be a grandpa... was "it's about time." I know it may sound silly to all of you, but that was the best thing he could have said to me. After I told him we were having twins, he was even more excited and said, "that's so great!" My cousin texted me yesterday and said, "I saw your dad at his work yesterday... and he is SO EXCITED about the twins!" Totally made my day...

My parents have come a lonnnng way in accepting my gayness. Because this is fairly new to all of us, I always tread lightly when it comes to not flaunting my love for J, not because they don't like her, but more so just to be respectful. But I am always so surprised by how they have handled everything. J and I talk about that all the time and think it's so great that they are not only accepting of my lifestyle, but they have completely embraced J in my life and are so supportive of us and our relationship. It's times like this that makes me realize that my parents are amazing. They are JUST AS EXCITED (if not more so) to be grandparents as we are to be parents. And because they don't have any grandkids right now... having two is double the fun! :) (one for each of them). :)

No new baby news to report. I am feeling more nauseated throughout the day and am feeling slightly crampy. Apparently my uterus needs to make room for the two little beans. Other than that... I think it's settling within us that we're having twins. I'm now in the search for joining a mommy twin group because I would like some additional support while we're going through this pregnancy. I've found a few, and hopefully they will be accepting to us (because we're a same sex couple) as the ladies on the CCB  page have been.

Hope everyone out there is doing great as well! :) More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment