Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reality is setting in...

We are over the moon excited to meet this little bean, but we have a lot of hurdles to get past before that day arrives.

I'm starting to run a bazillion thoughts through my head that it's making me dizzy and overwhelmed. The harsh reality that certain things are plaguing my thoughts; here is my list:

1) I no longer get to enjoy Starbucks holiday drinks- a Venti Chai Eggnog Latte with no water. (let's shed a quick tear)
2) I have to be über cautious of what I eat now. (no more chocolate banana milkshakes or salt and pepper chicken...)
3) I'm kind of freaking out about how much weight I will gain.
4) Sex. Can pregnant girls still have sex?! Ahhhh. Yes, this IS something I'm thinking about.
5) Gotta say adios to alcohol... It's kind of the common denominator with my girlfriends and I'm a little sad that we won't get to enjoy a few cocktails after a hard day's work (well, for them... Not me ;).
6) New car? Moving out? Cute baby room? Ahhh... So many things to buy and pay for... J and I will need to start being super creative with our budget to make it all work. Thank GOD she's amazing with money.
7) Am I gonna need to buy all new clothes because I'm about to be as big as a house?!?
8) How many babies do we have in my belly? And will we be able to adequately afford all of them? The harsh reality that we may have multiples is very vivid... And I'm a bit nervous for any number above 2. :)
9) Dallas. How will she react with the new baby? She's been our baby for the last year- will she fall by the wayside?!?
10) Doctor's appointments; ultrasounds; soooo many little humps to get past before we can even celebrate.
11) NO MORE SUSHI. I think this makes me saddest. I heart sushi and could eat it everyday... So sad I will not be able to enjoy it for 9 whole months.
12) Have to say bye to casinos and gambling for now... It's been quite our favorite past-time these past few months... And now we must stay away because of the smoke and environment. Kind of breaks my heart a bit...

I probably have more on my mind... But these are the things that I'm thinking about for now. Obviously, and it goes without saying that I am hoping and praying for a strong, happy and healthy baby... But the reality of all the little things are on my mind for now.

I just downloaded a new app to track my pregnancy, and it tells me that I am 4 weeks along. Only 36 to go. :)

To all you TTC, best of luck to you. Trust in this process and you will get what you've been dreaming for. Lots of love out there to the moms and future moms. ♥

1 comment:

  1. I have a list like that going through my head too and I am not even pregnant yet! :) We are so happy for you guys. How did your blood work go on Wednesday?

    ReplyDelete