Monday, December 5, 2011

Holy Food, Batman!!

"I feel like such a heifer. I had two bowls of Special K, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of popcorn, 5 peanut butter M&M's and like 3 pieces of licorice"-Cher from Clueless.

I wish this was the list of food I've eaten today. I'VE had a Machaca breakfast burrito, a glass of orange juice, leftover mac and cheese, a small bowl of sugar snap peas, two glasses of water and a string cheese. And it's only 1:53. Because I am normally one who just likes to eat 3 big meals a day, this snacking business is new to me. And even more so, I want to make sure I'm eating healthily. My mom has already called me today and asked me how I was feeling and told me that I need to make sure I eat healthy. And to stay away from spicy foods (there goes that breakfast burrito with hot sauce) because when the baby is born he/she will be crabby and cranky. So much to think about. J has ordered us the book "What to Expect When We're Expecting" and I am excited to start reading it. I haven't read a book from cover to cover in at least a year (I used to be an AVID reader once upon a time). I feel like there is something I should be doing, and I'm not yet privy to the information. I am hoping this book will shed some light to what the heck J and I are supposed to be doing.

I am excited to go to our appointment next week. It will be amazing to be able to see our baby's heart flutter and to actually see the little tike in the (proverbial) flesh. J and I love the bean already. She talks to him/her every night and it's just the cutest thing. It melts my heart how cutesy she is. I am anxious to find out how many little beans we have; I am really hoping for two. But obviously, if we are blessed with one... we will be just as elated. All we want is a healthy, happy bean.

I don't have much else to report. I will write more later... until then, baby dust to all my readers out there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment