Friday, December 9, 2011

Five weeks...

So I am five weeks prego and the symptoms aren't terrible. I'm exhausted all the time though and everyone I've talked to tells me it lasts for 12 weeks!!! Ahhh... I don't know if I can handle that. I hate feeling so lazy, but it seriously feels like I can't keep my eyes open and that I want to sleep all the time.

I don't really have much to report. Next week we have our first ultrasound and I'm getting pretty anxious about that. I still have this urge to pee on a stick just so I can see the words "Pregnant" just so I can be sure I really still am... Pregnant. You just hear so many horror stories of people losing their babies early on.. And although you think you'll never be one of those women.. That fear is still there and it's very real. I think I will feel much better when we see the little egg sac and can see the tiny little heartbeat flutter.

We've started telling our family and close friends... And it's the FUNNEST news to tell people. Who doesn't get excited at the announcement of a new baby?!? :)

I did invest in a pregnancy book though and started to fill out what I can. I am excited to be able to fill it out and share with our little bean. :) it's going to be a cute little keepsake for him or her. Also, I finished reading Jenny McCarthy's book called Belly Laughs. It was hilarious and a really, really fast read... I highly suggest it. She's blunt and straightforward and talks about things not many people do, pretty refreshing- since this is my first pregnancy.

I'm so glad it's Friday. J has been a working machine though because Overtime is always a good thing- so she's working tomorrow too. She does an amazing job of taking care of us and our little bean is already so lucky to have her as their mom; not to mention how lucky I am to have her as my wife. :)

I'll write more next week... Once we have our ultrasound. :) We are sprinkling lots of baby dust to all of you lovely ladies! And those of you who are prego, hope you are doing great!! :) have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs!!! I read it a couple years ago and laughed all the way through it! I am happy to hear that everything is going well for you so far. Can't wait to hear about he ultrasound. -Ashley

    ReplyDelete