All these acronyms attached to TTC. I figured I had to pay homage to this wonderful world of acronyms in its own dedicated blog. I used to be a teacher. And in that profession there are a million and one acronyms. I hear that's the same thing for doctors and lawyers too. Teacher acronyms I knew: NCLB, SDAIE, BTSA. When these acronyms rolled off the tongues of the educators educating us... I knew EXACTLY what they were talking about and what they were referring to.
This seems to NOT be the case with this whole IUI process. I try and participate in forums and read others blogs... and I am left just as confused and flustered as I was before even reading them. WTF is DPO? BFN? Who is AF? RE? Okay, so these acronyms are ACTUALLY ones I do know... (but only after I had to look them up on the CCB Acronym dictionary someone provided on the forum page).
I think that's why I have such a hard time using the acronyms because I always taught my students, when people read your work... you want even strangers to understand WTF you're saying. I feel like acronyms are a secret language and only if you are in the "know" will you know what others are talking about. It's kind of annoying. Which is why I try to refrain from using them; I don't want people to feel left out or lost. And I think part of me thinks I'm cheating when I use them.. I mean come on, how hard is it to write out "Big Fat Positive?"
So, J and I started a new 30 day challenge and it's supposed to make our relationship stronger and longer lasting. We are going 30 days without complaining, bitching, venting, nagging. And we are going to keep our conversations positive and happy. It sounds a little hokey... but I think it will do wonders for us. We aren't negative Nelly's by nature, but because we are in sort of a transition period in our relationship we are spending a lot of our time trying to iron out all the little kinks we have. Not to say we have a lot of them... but we are fine tuning us so that we can be the strongest unit possible for our family.
I'm only telling you about this challenge so that you don't think this blog is all about everyone else out in the universe getting a BFP but we aren't... so we're feeling sorry for ourselves. That's not it at all. It definitely gives me hope that there are so many out there going through the IUI process and actually getting the results we all want and aspire for. I guess it's not really fair for me to even feel sad about our one and only BFN because there are so many that have had multiple BFN's. But knowing both J and myself... we don't deal with rejection very well. And we MOST definitely don't deal well with people telling us "no." We are all about instant gratification and so with that being said... we wanted to get pregnant our first shot.
I know our time will come though. When we will be able to do our second IUI, we will both go into the process with our eyes open and two feet planted firmly on the ground... so that our results will be optimal. I am just so anxious to get the BFP so that we can celebrate and be excited about the next chapter in our life. :)
Ps: This will be the last time I will EVER use acronyms in my post... I cringed every time I typed them. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment