So, I wasn't even going to blog today because I wasn't really feeling like it, but something sparked my interest as I was viewing the Cryobank bulletin boards. Before I continue though, I just want to say... I am by no means trying to criticize or judge the post, it just got my own thoughts going on this very topic.
Anyway, someone created a post about going through the IUI process with an unsupportive and uncommunicative partner. It seemed as though this person was seeking advice and guidance and how to go through this process with such a partner. Person who created the post is the one carrying the baby and I couldn't help but reflect on my situation.
J is the one who will be carrying our baby and although I am EXTREMELY excited at the prospect of having a child and finally having a baby of my own, I am sure J gets frustrated that I am not reading countless blogs, forums, articles to prepare for this baby. I read and research things as they come up; I ask questions when I'm confused about something, but I don't just willy nilly research random things. Granted, J may not see them as random, but if I don't have a direct connection to something... it's hard for me to wrap my head around it. It definitely does not mean I don't care. And it most definitely does not mean I am not supportive of her. I know that she and I are in this together. And when she hurts; I hurt. When she's upset at something; I will comfort her, the best way I know how.
I know that when just because we see things a certain way, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the truth. It doesn't necessarily mean we are seeing things correctly. I think this is where communication comes into play. We talk to our partner; we find out what makes her tick; we find out different ways to make her happy; man, we even find ways that piss them off, and we may use it to our advantage to one up her in a fight.
Everyone communicates differently. I think this is the bottom line; our goal is to find out how to communicate with those around us. J and I work at our communication daily... and because we work at it, I know we can see the difference. It makes such a big difference in how we choose to communicate with one another, and although we aren't perfect at it just yet... I have faith that each day gets just a little better. (Now, if only we can try to not use each other's weaknesses to our advantage). ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment