I had my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and I'm happy (well, kind of) to report that there aren't many updates. I had to see the nurse practitioner this time around because my doctor wasn't in the office, and she decided that she would do an ultrasound and check my cervix since she read through my file and knew I had been put on bed rest.
So she takes me into the ultrasound room, and checks the heart beats, measures the babies and then she goes for the cervix. As she was feeling around, I thought.. Damn, she's definitely not a lesbian and she's certainly not a man, because it was sooo painful and she was not at all gentle. And she says, "wow... Your cervix is really high up there, because I can't even find it. Which I guess is a good sign." So she re-positions herself and tries again.. And she goes, "okay... There it is. And good news: it's still really closed."
Obviously, being 34 weeks, that's what I was hoping to hear, but man... I am getting antsy and becoming more miserable as each day passes. I just have 11 more days until I am in the clear and the time could not go any faster.
Thank goodness things are progressing how they should be though. My next ultrasound will be scheduled for 36 weeks and I am anxious to see how big the babies are measuring. At the rate that they have been growing, they should be about 6 pounds by the next time I see them. Crazy! Especially considering I've gained just 22 pounds so far this entire pregnancy. And trust me, I'm eating everything in sight.
I'll report more as time gets closer. Hope all is well out there for the rest of you. ;)
XoXo
Only 22 pounds! Wow, I think I passed you a week or two ago! I'll try not to hate you for that. How have you been feeling? Is bed rest as bad as it sounds? I have my 24 wk appt tomorrow and can't wait to see the girls. I'm starting to swell in the ankles but feel good otherwise. We're supposed to fly for vacation next week so I'm hoping all is well tomorrow. Hope you're enjoying the holiday, if that's possible. Hang in there, you're doing great and are so close!!
ReplyDeleteSarah,
ReplyDeleteI normally am a "get up and go" kind of girl.. So when I get restless or bored, I want to be able to just run to the store, or hang out at the mall or just get out of the house. But that soo hasn't been the case since on bed rest. I am trying to take it a whole lot easier, but if we need to quickly run to the store, I will still go. If I would have been put on bed rest earlier (like at 20 weeks or something) I would probably be taking it a whole lot more serious.. But I really am taking his request with a grain of salt because I'm not showing any other signs of pre-term labor. :)
If you are interested in being a part of the CCB Facebook page, I can help you get connected with them. Are you on regular Facebook?
Hope you're doing well. :) keep us posted on how things are progressing with you.
Yes, I'm a regular Facebook user but can't seem to figure out this private group. Any advice would great. I'm sure I'd be just like you if they put me on bedrest that late in the pregnancy. Your babies must be pretty set and ready to go by now and I'm sure a quick trip to the store won't do much. I had my 24 wk appointment today and it went well, except the internal ultrasound wasn't fun. Both girls are measuring BIG so I need to go in for the GD test when we get back from vacation. Yuck.
ReplyDelete