Okay, I know they say that being pregnant is a blessing. And it is; don't get me wrong. But I think the people that say pregnancy is a blessing are those who have their babies in their arms and have seem to forgotten all the trials and tribulations involved with pregnancy. And believe me, my pregnancy itself has been pretty uneventful, but there are still a lot of things I definitely can't wait to re-introduce into my life when I have these babies. :)
Since my blogs have been so monotonous and boring lately, I thought I would do a fun blog about all the things I am looking forward to most when these babies join us in this beautiful world.
1) Alcohol: I don't really miss the taste of alcohol; although I do miss the occasional beer with pizza or a glass of wine with dinner, but what I do miss is the social aspect involved with alcohol. Normally, I am the girl who does happy hour with the girls once a month but obviously, seeing a prego at the bar these days seems a little inappropriate. And especially a prego carrying twins (because the twin belly is HUMONGOUS).
2) Feeling and touching my wife: My life, for the last 8 and a half months has consisted of belly support bands, Boppy pregnancy pillows and wedges, a Snoogle pillow and all these have created a nice little barrier between me and my wife. A barrier that has not allowed us to snuggle or cuddle in the longest time. And let me tell you, we are cuddlers. So, I am looking forward to just being able to feel her hug me, or me hug her while we are sleeping.
3) Sushi and Deli Sandwiches: I want raw sushi. That is the food I miss the most. I know Japanese women in Japan eat sushi all time and their babies come out fine, but I am not willing to risk it. And I just want a Subway sandwich that doesn't need to be warmed up. I know food isn't that big of a sacrifice, but it's more the fact that if someone tells me I can't have it... I want it instantly and all the time.
4) Sex: Okay, I know TMI... and I know the health of the babies are important and we are definitely going to do whatever it takes to make sure they are healthy and we don't jeopardize anything related with this pregnancy. But a girl has got needs. And in this case, both girls have needs. I just can't wait. Period.
5) Moving, Walking, and not waddling: This belly is heavy. It was measuring 46 cm at my last appointment which makes me measuring way past full term for a singleton pregnancy. That's insane! It is getting significantly more difficult to walk and move around and getting out of our large California King bed has been even more challenging. I'll be excited when I can move around like normally again.
6) Exercise: Before the bed rest, I was at least taking Dallas out for walks and bobbing around in the pool, but now, I can't even do that. I can't wait for the day when I get to lace up my tennis shoes, strap the kiddos in their stroller and go for a nice long walk. J has been doing cross fit classes and I am so jealous she is working out and getting fit. It will be great to join her in the working out.
7) Wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes: I have a lot of clothes. And I have a lot of REALLY cute clothes. Some of the things I can still wear, other things have been packed up and I haven't seen for like 9-10 months. I can't wait until I can wear them again. It will be like reuniting with old friends when I take them out of their boxes.
8) The feeling in my hands and belly: carpal tunnel is a real Bi*ch. The feeling in my hands are no longer there and I can barely grip anything. And my belly is so sensitive to the touch and I can barely stand it if anything brushes against it. It will be better when I won't have to ask J to twist the deodorant for me anymore..
9) Regular panties: I am normally (and when I say normally- I mean my pre-pregnancy days) a thong and cute panties kind of girl. I'm the girl who wears underwear to match her outfit... Well, nowadays, I just wear whatever is comfy- which typically constitutes to wearing granny panties. NOT cute. I am typically the one who is conscious of those pesky panty lines, but now... I just chock it up to being pregnant and lately I just don't give an eff. I feel like pregnancy gives me the license to be just one hot mess.
I know people view life in a glass half empty kinda way and that life almost seems to be all about the have nots. But I am not saying I'm not grateful for being pregnant, because I am and J and I couldn't be more excited. And although this twin pregnancy is all I know, I am exhausted already. I never imagined how difficult or challenging carrying around and growing two babies would be. I am so incredibly grateful and appreciative of what we have and what we are about to bring into this world. These kids are already so loved and there are so many people who are excited to meet them, but we also know that they need to stay where they are for at least 15 more days. The longer they stay in the womb, the less likely they will have to spend any time in the NICU. And we don't want that. So, I know we need to hang on for just a little longer and I need to take it easy for at least two more weeks.
Hope everyone out there is doing great. I will write more after my appointment on Wednesday and hope that I don't have much to report.
XoXo
Oooh, I'm just at 12 weeks with twins. I have been finding it really tough so far, but I know it's not apt to complain when it's what so many of us blogging are desperate for. I can already identify with a lot of the things you are looking forward to, but not sushi... I could happily never eat sushi and it would be too soon! All the best for your final stages!!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you are not feeling well. Just a little bit longer and you will be able to meet your amazing little people! Avoiding sushi, alcohol, and cold cuts... totally not cool. Even when I was TTC I was avoiding that stuff and it was hard. Can't completely imagine nine months without. Hang in there!!!
ReplyDeleteBoy can I agree with you on ALL of these points! Especially #2. Being pregnant with twins is so hard. I had no idea... but I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for expressing all the things I miss so perfectly!
ReplyDelete