Monday, June 11, 2012

Holy EIGHT pounds!

Yes, you heard correct, kids.. Our babies are weighing a total of EIGHT pounds! Addyson is 4lbs 4oz and Bentley is right behind her at 4lbs 3oz. No wonder I am barely wobbling around. I already have the equivalent of a full size baby in this ever growing belly of mine. :)

The ultrasound sound went well. No major discoveries, but it is always nice to see the kids. They are both getting so big and all we see is a bunch of arms and legs. It may be weird to say, but I can already tell their personalities. I have a feeling Addyson is going to be feisty and super independent and Bentley will be extremely snuggly and a little love. Both babies ARE head down, so that eases my fears a little bit about delivery. I am getting nervous as hell though. I have seriously just started repeating to myself, "my body is made to do this, my body is made to do this.." and this is what eases my fears and comforts me. It's still kind of daunting to me to think that I will be squeezing TWO babies out of my hoohah. I'm not trying to be immature here, but I really am kind of terrified.

Tomorrow, I will be 32 weeks. We are really in the home stretch now. I know two ladies who are also pregnant with twins who delivered their babies last week. One was 31 weeks 5 days and she had to deliver because she had pre-eclampsia and it's extremely dangerous for the babies. And the other lady was 27 weeks 2 days when she delivered. All four babies (and both moms) are doing great, but they are all spending some time in the NICU while their lungs develop. I am thankful that I am keeping these babies nice and comfy and hope they stay in for at LEAST 4 more weeks. It's pretty crazy to think I just have 4 weeks left.

J's birthday is next Monday, so we are planning a fun little date for her. It will be our last little hoorah before the kiddies come. It should be a fun week for her. (I don't want to write what we are doing or what I got her, since i know she reads the blog). :)

Other than our ultrasound, no other baby news to report. I have two doctor's appointments this week- one tomorrow so I can get my Dtap shot and then my regular, weekly OB appointment. Hopefully this appointment will be just as uneventful as the rest of them have been.

Hope all are doing great out there! I'll write more later.

3 comments:

  1. How are you guys? You're getting close now! Hope everything is still uneventful, we don't have a blog yet but will let you know if we decide to start. I've been awful at journaling so maybe it's a good idea. How have you been feeling? I can't believe how fast I'm growing lately but I guess that's a good sign. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!

    Thanks for checking in. :) I just updated our blog, so I'm sure you will check on it soon. Things are still uneventful, except for the fact that my doctor has now put me on bed rest. :( so sad about that piece of information... I am feeling pretty good though. No signs of pre-term labor so thankful for that. How are you feeling? How far along are you now?

    Hope you are well too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! So sorry to hear about the bed rest. Pretty much everyone I've met who's had twins went on bed rest so that's awesome that you've made it to 33 weeks without it. Hope the next few weeks go quickly for you. I'm at 22 weeks and feeling a bit more uncomfortable every day. I'm trying to stay positive though because I know I still have a LONG way to go. It's been really hot lately here. How about where you are? Trying to pick out a paint color and nursery theme this weekend while my partner is installing wood floors in our house. Things are a bit crazy around here! Take good care of yourself and hang in there! You're so close!

    ReplyDelete