Friday, June 22, 2012

Words I didn't want to hear...

"You're going to have to go on modified bed rest." :( Sad day...

I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and it was as routine as the rest of them have been. They gave me a FFN (Fetal Fibronectin) which tests whether I am in danger of going into labor prior to 35 weeks. I had one done at 31 weeks and it came back negative, but because the results of the test last only 2 weeks, they gave me another one at 33 weeks (hence the test given to me at my last appointment). The results: Positive. Boo. So, they have put me on modified bed rest which means that I can only get up to use the bathroom and take a shower. I have another appointment next Wednesday, so hopefully things look okay then. I haven't had any other symptoms of preterm labor (no Braxton Hicks, cervix is still closed, no cramping etc) but we can never be too careful. I just have a few more weeks (three to be exact) until I am in the clear, so I just want to be super cautious to make sure that I do what I can to keep these kids in for as long as possible. It's not ideal, but at least I am at 33 weeks and not 23 weeks. Luckily, we are pretty much done with all things related to baby and J installed the car seats earlier this week. I thought it was too early; she must have known something was up.

Other than this unexpected news, things are still pretty uneventful. We celebrated J's birthday this past weekend and despite the fact that I am a big as a house... it was a pretty good birthday. The house was decorated and all decked in pink decorations (it's our favorite color) and I made her a chocolate cake and she loved all her presents. I got us tickets to see Wicked this weekend and (thankfully) my doctor OK'd for us to go.

I hope all in baby world is doing great. I will update more often (now that I am not officially confined to my couch). Here's to three and half-ish more weeks till I can be in the clear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment