Okay, so I know it's been awhile since I've last posted. But I don't want you thinking we've been MIA. I know the last time I posted... I had said we were going to take a break for the holiday because we just didn't want to go through the heartache and pain with another negative. Well, we lied.
J and I decided to try during our November cycle and not tell anyone- not our families, not our friends, not our CCB friends, not even our blog. We all know how stressful and difficult this process is and although sometimes the peanut gallery of our friends or family are often encouraging... it's also very draining and exhausting to answer question after question from those who are closest to us. Well, this two week wait was a dream. We went about our lives business as usual; I had a drink with a friend; I played Wii with my family. It was just a really nice, relaxing two weeks. Yesterday, (11/27) I felt a little crampy... and the look on J's face just about broke my heart. Because we all know what cramps equals- stupid Aunt Flow. So, she had been pestering me allllll day to pee on a stick and I resisted until about 9:30- when I couldn't handle her hounding anymore. :) I peed on what I THOUGHT was a pregnancy test- but it turns out it was one of our ovulation tests. It had shown two lines (like I was ovulating) which obviously would be impossible because I was 12DPIUI. So, we did lots and lots of googling to see if an OPK could be used as an HPT and some of our findings showed that an OPK could very well detect the HCG hormone. Sooo... I peed on another ovulation test... and this one showed a smiley face. Needless to say, we ran out to Wal-Mart at 11:00 at night to buy pregnancy tests just to solidify everything... and I took two of them. Lo and Behold, WE GOT A POSITIVE on both tests!!!!
As we were waiting for our results, I was already expecting to see the words "Not Pregnant" appear. We are so conditioned for the negative that all these thoughts were running through our heads- where are we gonna scrounge up the money for IUI #3? Should we stick with Clomid or try Injectables this next time? How are we going to deal with seeing another negative?
I didn't really get much sleep last night- I was dreaming of peeing on stick after stick just to double, triple, quadruple check that I was actually pregnant. And this morning before I went to the doctor, just to be sure... I peed on two more sticks. Already paranoia sets in... I had my blood drawn this morning and already have gotten my call to let me know what my HCG levels are. Apparently the number today isn't as important as what the numbers will be on Wednesday. They want to see the numbers double from here on out to ensure that I have a healthy pregnancy.
We are BEYOND excited and happy and a ton of emotions are running through my head. For now, I will just be content and revel in the fact that we got over one more hurdle in this crazy process.... and hope that our bean will be healthy and happy and that my numbers continue to double by Wednesday.
I will definitely be blogging more as we continue with this journey. :) Lots and lots of baby dust to all you out there!!
Congrats! I am so happy for you. You know what is funny about this??? The other day I was thinking about why you haven't written lately... I actually thought, "oh they are probably doing a month without telling anyone." Creepy! So thrilled for the two of you. Best of luck with the numbers on Wednesday! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, ladies!! We are over the moon excited for our positive. It feels like we've been waiting forever for it. :) Good luck on your next appointment!!! :)
ReplyDelete