Friday, October 21, 2011

And let the two week wait begin....

So, it's been a big week for us. We came back from our Utah trip late Sunday night and had a doctor's appointment on Monday morning. The doctor performed an ultrasound, and he immediately says.. "Oh, we need to schedule the IUI's pronto before these follicles get too big." I have one follicle on my right side (an 18) and then I have FOUR follicles on my left side (a 16, 17 and two 14's). He immediately asked us... "are you opposed to reduction?" Implying that if we weren't... he would have to stop the cycle. So, of course we said... "no, not at all opposed to that." Pssshh... like we were gonna admit to that. We have been waiting (pretty patiently, I might add) for FIVE months to get pregnant. We weren't about to just cancel the cycle because now we have TOO many follicles.

Who would have thought my body would have reacted so well to the Clomid monster?! We inseminated Tuesday and Wednesday and we had 20 million spermies on Tuesday and 31 million on Wednesday. I'd like to think those are damn good odds to conceive a baby. I mean, come one... we just need ONE little spermie to find the egg. JUST ONE. ONE out of 51 million... come on!!! I feel like this is our month... but then again, the last two times we've done this... we also felt like THOSE were our months.

I feel a lot of pressure to make a baby this time around. It's weird being on this side of things, but also very exciting. I am excited that my body responded so well so that I can make babies for J and me. The possibility of multiples is so exciting... and we have wrapped our heads around twinsies... more than two though, phew... that would be a handful.

I go in for a blood test next week to check my progesterone levels, and I hope all goes well with that. It's like one more obstacle down... a bazillion more to go. Sheesh... this baby making stuff is so exhausting!!

So, baby dust all around!! Here's to a BFP this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment