Monday, September 26, 2011

One week down; one more to go

Speaking from the person NOT inseminated... our two week waiting is going fairly quickly. J went to our doctor Friday to make sure that she ovulated and they called her back Friday afternoon and said she did ovulate, her number was 16 and that it was a "good" ovulation. Hmmm??? Not sure what a "good" ovulation means. I thought ovulation was akin to being pregnant... you either did or you didn't ovulate. How can you have a good one? This baby making process is technical, confusing and an emotional roller coaster.

So, nonetheless... we are one week down and just have one more to go. It's comforting to hear that she ovulated though and we made it through one more hurdle. But, we made it to this point last time... and I can't help but have the same feelings of anxiety and nerves as I did last time. If this is how I feel, I can only imagine what thoughts are going through my lovely wife's head.

I know that things are LEAPS and BOUNDS better this round than they were last cycle... so I am hopeful that we will get pregnant. And when I say things are better... I mean everything. Our sperm count was higher; the morphology of our spermies were better; no car accident;  no Master's degree homework; not nearly as much tension and fighting and anxiety between J and me; no moving to worry about;l NO EFFING CLOMID MONSTER! See... things definitely are looking on the up and up compared to last time. :) And thank goodness.

I am the more optimistic one between J and me... J is the more realistic one. Which makes for a damn good team if you ask me. But sometimes we don't see eye to eye... so it makes for some rough spots. With that being said, I keep J positive, and she keeps me from having my head in the clouds and being too ideal. I think it's a good balance. She keeps telling me that she's not trying to convince herself that she's pregnant so that she's not too let down this cycle, but I don't think she really knows how much I have been praying that she is pregnant. It still surprises me (daily) how much I am ready to be a mom with her. I think it's smart for her to stay realistic in this particular situation because it is healthier for her body to not be so stressed out... but I am definitely keeping the role of overly optimistic.

I hope this week goes by even quicker than last. J wants to take a pregnancy test every 3.5 seconds... so hopefully she gets a positive soon. I don't know if I want to see 7 "Not Pregnant's" on a stick. I just don't know if I can handle it... but since she's the one who got inseminated, I don't feel like I can tell her to NOT test. And since I just want her to be happy; I tell her to test away.

I know I don't believe in the hokey "baby dust" wishes... or the annoying acronyms... but I really do wish us lots and lots and lots of baby dust and I do hope at the end of this week, we get a Big.Fat.Positive (BFP).

Blog more later... hope all you (soon to be baby mama's) are doing great out there in Blog land. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment