Thursday, October 18, 2012

Things I've learned from being a mom...

I have to admit, I've tried to sit down and blog numerous times, but life doesn't seem to slow down. And when it does slow down for even a minute, that's when I take a minute to eat, do laundry, wash bottles or pee.

Life has been crazy but I wouldn't trade it for anything. The kids are getting bigger and more adorable every single day. They spend more of their time awake and happy and talking to each other and to us, and it's so freaking cute.

So, since time is limited (what else is new?!) I have a few pearls of wisdom to share that I've learned along the way since being a 3 month old mommy (yes, the twins are already 3 months old!!).

1) I've learned how to put on make up and do my hair in less than 10 minutes.
2) I've learned to shower in 15 minutes
3) I would much rather sacrifice sleeping in to take a shower and get ready for the day.
4) I've realized that I can function on 4 hours or less of sleep.
5) I know that no matter how cranky or exhausted I am, when my kids it smile makes my day.
6) I can now eat with one hand while the other arm is holding a baby
7) I hear crying even when my kids aren't crying
8) cloth diapers are the best invention ever
9) I'm officially a member of the mamarazzi. I'm obsessed with taking pictures of these kids
10) twin mommy groups have been my lifeline
11) Setting a schedule and sticking to it has been a saving grace
12) I've realized that eating hot food is overrated.

I'm sure there's lots more I've learned... But this is what I have come up with so far. Life has been exhausting but good. Being a mom of twins is the hardest and most challenging and trying thing J and I have ever done. But it's been amazing watching them grow and change every single day.

This weekend we are going to a twin fall festival party at the pumpkin patch with the San Diego Twins club. I can't wait to take more photos. :)

I hope everyone in baby making world is doing well! For now, I'll leave you with some recent photos of our kiddies... If you want to see more photos of our kiddies... Find me on Facebook or Instagram.

Until next time... XoXo




3 comments:

  1. Hey! The babies are adorable! I was just thinking about you guys this morning... I am so happy that you posted. By the way, how can i find you on facebook? I would love to see more photos of your little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how can we find you on Facebook? I'd love to see more pics. I can relate especially to #'s 4-7 above today. 4 hours seems like the norm here lately but we're getting used to it. Thanks for sharing pics and lessons. Looking forward to hearing more about what it'll be like when the twins are a few months older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Have been following your blog and wanted to nominate you for a Liebster Blog Award :). I imagine you have your hands a little too full right now to answer the questions but feel free to pass the award to to others if/when you have the time :). Instructions are posted on my blog. Thanks for sharing your journey. I've enjoyed reading along :)

    ReplyDelete