Saturday, August 18, 2012

Both the longest and shortest month of my life...

I can't believe it's been a month. I don't even know where to begin, and I apologize for the lack in blogging lately. We have had our hands full (literally). :)

When people say that having twins is hard, they weren't kidding. J and I went into this pregnancy (and even into motherhood) with both eyes wide open. We educated ourselves; we talked to multiple twin moms (one of whom is J's own mother); we over-prepared and attended all the classes we needed to, bought all the things we needed ahead of time, got our nursery ready with ample time to spare; we went on vacation and had our own baby-moon. But regardless of everything we did, there is NOTHING, and I mean nothing, that could have prepared us for having these twins. Just when I thought a twin pregnancy was hard, being a twin mom is a million times harder.

Don't get me wrong, the kids are great and we have had a lot of help in the past 4 weeks, but the lack of sleep, the endless feedings, the numerous diaper changes, the constant crying is out of control. This newborn stage just solidifies that we will NOT be going through this again. Once is enough for us, and I think God knew that, because he blessed us with two kids at once. It's like playing the guessing game with these kids as far as trying to figure out what they want... They cry, and we go through the checklist of things they possibly need- did they eat? (or when did they eat last?), are they wet? Or do they need a diaper change? or do they need to burp? It's a good day (or hour) if we can figure out what they need by going off the checklist; it's a bad day if we go through the checklist and they are STILL crying.

Other than the guessing game, the kids are growing and becoming cuter everyday. They got back to their birth weight two weeks after they were born. So we don't have anything to worry about there. They are eating like they are supposed to and are pooping and sleeping as much as they should be. We couldn't ask for anything more, really.

With that, I hope everyone out there in Blog land is doing splendidly. I'll write more often, I promise. J and I are in the process of creating more of a routine for these kids... So hopefully, it will leave more time for other "life" aspects (you know, like eating, showering, blogging etc).

For now, I will leave you with a blog that includes some photos from a sneak peek of our newborn photo shoot. Enjoy! XoXo

http://droaphoto.com/blog/?p=11966

4 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see a blog from you! I am glad that things are going well. Typically babies get on a decent schedule by 8-10 weeks, so hang in there! The pictures are AMAZING! I can't wait to see more. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just came across your blog and wanted to stop in to say hello and to say hang in there! Those first couple of months can get pretty tough and very tiring. My daughter is 6 months this week and I would say that I felt the biggest change around month 3. I promise, you will sleep again soon!

    I look forward to following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is month two going for you guys? I hope things are calming down even just a little. The pictures of your babies are unbelievably cute! I'm at week 34 now and feeling slower and more tired each day. It's crazy to think we could meet the girls any day now. I can't wait but thinking about labor and the craziness of the first few months is also super intimidating. What a journey, huh? Hope all is well with you guys! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to check in and share our news. We welcomed our two baby girls last weekend at 37 weeks. I was in labor for 20 hours, the epiderals wouldn't work so I had a csection. It was a looong and difficult day but totally worth it to meet these twins at the end. Now we're home and absolutely exhausted. Let us know if you've figured out a good routine. We could use any advice! This feeding every three hours is crazy. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete