Thursday, March 22, 2012

20 weeks officially marks the halfway point!

Can you believe it?! This past Tuesday we have officially hit the 20 week mark. It's crazy because J thinks the time has been crawling, but sometimes I think I just blinked and now all of a sudden we are halfway done with this pregnancy. We had our 20 week anatomy scan on Monday and everything is measuring beautifully. It's also been (once again) confirmed that we are having a boy and a girl. :) Baby A (Bentley) was being an uncooperative wiggle worm and he was giving the ultrasound tech a hard time in measuring anything. Luckily, she was able to get all the things she needed from him. He is measuring in the 98th percentile in size and he is looking perfect already. Baby B (Addyson) was being even more uncooperative (I think her brother was a little instigator and telling her to be a little booger). The tech wasn't able to get a good enough picture of the four chambers of her heart or her spine because she kept trying to hide under my ribs or because she was moving around so much, so they asked that I come back in a month. The doctor said there was no cause for concern on anything, but he's meticulous and wanted a better picture. She was also measuring in the 98th percentile in size and the tech asked me if my family normally had big babies because these babies are going to be huge. :) I always told J that I wanted chunky babies... so maybe I will get my wish! :)

On other news, our house is FINALLY getting some semblance of order and I am so glad to see everything find a place of its own. We got a shed to house my scrapbook stuff and we will be busy moving all that in this weekend. We purchased our cribs last week and we are just waiting for them to come in so we can build them and start on our nursery. Our bedding is ADORABLE! Our theme is "Cute as a Bug" and both kids will have cute bugs on their bedding. The theme will spill over to our baby shower. I can't wait to start decorating the babies' room. I THRIVE off decorating and I am uber excited for this part! Once I get my scrapbook stuff organized, I will be able to start their baby books too. :) Fun stuff coming up!

Here's what our bedding looks like:
Bentley's Bedding
Addyson's Bedding



I think that's all for now... I hope all you ladies in the TTC world are doing great. Lots of baby dust to you all.

Till next time.... I will leave you with our latest baby pictures from the 20 week appointment.
XoXo
Perfect profiles for our perfect beans. ♥
This the photo of the girl parts and the boy parts. :)

4 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that the babies are looking good! Great names too! Glad to hear that the house is coming together. I look forward to nursery pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bedding is really cute! It was so hard for us to pick something out!!! Oh and by the way, I nominated you for the Liebster blog award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just stopped in to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Hope all is well with you!

    http://aandkmakeababy.blogspot.com/2012/03/crazy-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy I found your blog! My partner and I are 12 weeks pregnant in Colorado, also with twins. It's nice to read about your experiences and anticipate what we have ahead of us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete