Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No news is good news

J and I are finally getting settled in our new place. It's so nice to feel like we have our own home again. I mean, don't get me wrong living (virtually) rent free with my 'rents has been great and all... but not having our own space was not ideal. Frankly, having our own space has been priceless, because we haven't felt like we were constantly on top of each other.

I honestly, don't have much to report on the baby front. I mean, they say that the second trimester is when you feel your best and they are so right. I am not exhausted all the time; I don't throw up much anymore; I haven't been feeling the same aches and pains as I was in the first few weeks. I'm 18 weeks today and just two more weeks until my next OB and peri appointments. I did have an appointment last Friday and it went pretty well. Those appointments seem kind of useless to me because they don't do much. And because I'm having twins, I am having to go every two weeks. I wonder how people work when they have to go to all these doctor's appointments. We did get to listen to the heartbeats though and one baby has a heartbeat of 168 and the other one has a heartbeat of 160. Both heartbeats are getting much more loud and strong and it's crazy to think that in just two weeks, I will get to actually feel them moving around!! Oh, and I didn't gain any weight from my last appointment. I feel like such a whale, but know that the weight is just shifting so I am grateful my weight gain hasn't been too crazy so far.

Last Saturday, J and I went to Buy Buy Baby (they just opened one up here in San Diego a few weeks ago) and we just loved it there. They were so friendly, and helpful and accommodating. The manager even allowed us to use both 20% off coupons and gave us 10% off our entire purchase. So I am happy to announce that we finally made our first baby purchases. We bought two car seats and our bedding for both cribs. We had decided to purchase a Double Snap and Go Stroller to save money on the stroller (because most double strollers range from $800-$1000). This double snap and go business only costs about $80 all we have to buy are the car seats. Well, we had originally decided on these car seats that were about $170 only come to find out that they don't actually "snap" into the snap and go, and they actually latch. The latch didn't seem very sturdy nor safe, so we tried to search for car seats that would be compatible with this stroller that would actually "snap." Lo and behold... the ONLY car seat that would snap in with this stroller cost $269. Holy $%it!!! Times that by two and we dropped over $500 just on strollers alone. Baby shopping is already giving me a headache. There are so many things we need to buy but we are just going to purchase the big things one at a time and then wait until after our shower to see what else we have left to buy.

So, while we tried to save money on the stroller, we had to spend much more on these car seats. At least they will be able to use this stroller for about 6 months and then we can purchase our big stroller (which they will be in for almost 2 years). Ahhhh!! Just so much to think about... and here I thought, getting pregnant would be the toughest part. :)

I hope everyone out there is doing great!

XoXo

3 comments:

  1. Quick question. We're also planning on getting the double snap and go based on lots of recommendations. What infant seats actually snap in? We haven't been able to figure this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah!

      We tested a bunch of car seats to see which ones would be the best fit for this stroller and finally found that the only ones that would actually "snap" in are the Peg Perego car seats. The rest of them just "latch" on using a strap, that to me, looked really unsturdy. I am sure there are other car seats that do have that snap feature, but those were the ones we found (and liked) so we went with them. :)

      Btw- where do you guys live? I love hearing about other twin pregnancies.. And do you have a blog yet? And lastly, are you on the FB CCB private page?

      Happy 4th! And enjoy your vacation! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the car seat advice. We'll check those out this weekend. So we live in Boulder, CO and I still haven't gotten around to starting a blog. We've been so busy with house projects, we haven't had much down time. I'm guessing I'll be forced to take it easy soon though. What's the FB CCB page?? I'll look into that tonight. I'd love to connect with people like us. How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete