Okay, so before I do the countdown of things I will miss from being pregnant with these two rugrats... I thought I'd give just a quick update.
So, as of yesterday, I made it to 36 weeks! I feel like I have done my due diligence to keeping these babies cooking. Now, I just want to have them already! Things seem to be progressing, but as you can remember from my previous blogs, J and I are all about instant gratification. So although these nine months haven't been as instantly gratifying as we would have liked, we have definitely been patient... I had an appointment today and doctor says I am 90% effaced (cervix is thinned out) and now I am dilated to a 2. So, definitely progressing in the right direction. :) The waiting is KILLING us, but we know (well, at least I do) that the longer they stay in, the bigger, healthier and stronger they will be. :) So we will continue to wait to see when these two will make their appearance into the world.
Okay, so onto my countdown. Since my blogs have been things I've missed since getting pregnant or things I've disliked about this pregnancy, I figured I would pay homage to things I will miss, so I can try and keep things positive and upbeat (hey, better late than never, right?)
1) Not having a period: pretty fantastic if you ask me. No tampons, no bleeding, no cramps- for 9 (actually 10) whole months??! It's been amazing!
2) Feeling/seeing the babies move: It's pretty cool to see them show off their dance moves in my belly and feeling them move all around has been an experience I can't explain. I try and get J to feel them all the time and the look on her face when she does is one that I wish I could bottle up and keep forever. Her baby blues get all big and she just looks so proud. It's really so cool to see her get so excited.
3) Eating what I want and not feeling guilty about it: I have loved indulging in my favorite foods, snacks, treats, sweets and not even feel bad about it. So far, I've gained approximately 26 pounds and it's been nice to not have to think about weight gain this entire pregnancy.
4) The attention: I know, kind of weird, right?! But I have gotten A LOT of compliments this pregnancy. How great I look, how I wear pregnancy well, how amazing it is that I can still move around with ease (ha! Have I got all them fooled) while carrying twins..etc... So I will miss the niceties thrown my way when I'm walking around in the grocery store or the mall..
5) All the help I've been getting: J has been a trooper picking up the slack since I've been put on bed rest. Shes taken care of the meals, she's been driving, she's taken care of Dallas' (our dog) needs... It's been nice that she's stepped it up. And not to mention my parents- they have brought meals over a few times as well so that we have food and they take Dallas off our hands every once in awhile so that she can get some exercise.
This is all I can think of right now (pregnancy brain has LITERALLY taken over my life). But I'll add more as they cross my mind.
I sure I have babies soon. I'll blog more later. Hope everything is going great for everyone else out there. Until next time, friends!
So excited that you are 90% and 2 cms. The babies will be there so soon! It was great to see all of the things that you will miss about being pregnant. I can't wait for our chance! Good luck and keep us all posted! Can't wait to see the baby photos. :)
ReplyDeleteAny news yet? Been thinking about you and hope you guys are all great! Sure hope I can make it as long as you have. Keep us posted if you have any news. Take care!
ReplyDelete