Okay, this post isn't going to be pretty and I assure you, I am not really one to talk about these in my "normal" state; however, this is my life right now, and it's full of TMI's and discomfort.
1) Gas
It's gross. And it's both burping and farting. I'm totally not one to even fart in front of J so it's been quite the ordeal to leave the room. They are gross, and loud and not at all ladylike.
2) Constipation
You would think that with all the gas, comes the need to use the restroom. Nope, no such luck. Sometimes when I "think" I have to go, I just end up sitting on the toilet with nothing to show for it. It really makes me a sad, sad girl because in my real life, I am really regular.
3) Sex
I have read (and heard from MANY people) that a woman's sex drive goes out the window and they barely want their partner to touch them when pregnant. Well, not me. I NORMALLY have a strong sex drive anyway, but now (even though I am with child(ren))... it makes it way worse. I want it (and J) all day, everyday.
4) Frequent Need to Pee
I know it's not really a TMI, more just an inconvenience. I have to go like every hour (literally) and have had to stop drinking liquids past 7:00 for fear that I will be getting up all night long.
5) Vomiting
This is not pretty. I have puked on the side of freeways, in restrooms of restaurants, in parking lots; I've even puked and then had to swallow it back down because there was nowhere to dispose of it. And there is no real cause for it. It could be 9:00am, or 8:00pm. If I feel the urge to throw up, I will do it, no matter where I am at, and with no shame.
6) Boob Tenderness
They hurt, and they hurt all the time. They are sore and whenever I bump into something or they brush against something, I want to scream in agony. Are they getting bigger? Probably... but it's not fun in the process. :(
I am sure there are more... but these are my top six. Other than these six discomforts, this pregnancy has been smooth sailing. We are just waiting (not so patiently) to find out the genders of these little beans. Hopefully our doctor can tell us that he can find out at 15 weeks, because we are dying to know. It will be so amazing once we find out. We have already picked out names... we have two boy names and two girl names (in case we end up with two of the same sex). We are hoping for one boy and one girl. One of each and we may possibly be done. I used to want four kids (two boys and two girls) but now with this crazy process, having one of each in one shot would be great. That way... if we do decide to have another one, there will be no pressure.
My next OB appointment is tomorrow. Apparently there is some testing that needs to be done between 9-12 weeks so he wants us to do it tomorrow. By then, I will be 11 weeks 5 days. So crazy. J thinks time has been crawling, but I think it's going by pretty quickly. I know that I am appreciating the time being so slow now, because once these babies come, it will be go, go go!
J and I are busily trying to slowly but surely prepare for these babies. We want to be open about this donor process, and want our kids to know that they were conceived using a donor so we created an "All About Donor" book that includes all the information we were provided when we were searching for him. The book is in its final stages, and it looks sooo cute so far. It's a book we will give them once they start asking questions and hopefully it will provide them with some answers. Here's a link to it if you want to take a look at it--> Our Donor Book.
I hope you all are enjoying the new year so far. To all those TTC, sprinkling you oodles of baby dust. :)
Not TMI... just the joys of pregnancy. I can't wait to have horrible gas and be puking at every corner. ;) Glad to hear things are going pretty well for you so far. Can't wait to hear about your OB visit. Oh, and the donor book is a really great idea.
ReplyDeleteGreat way of looking at it! :) I can't really complain because I know things could always be worse.. but because I am normally not a picky person when it comes to food, but now with the pregnancy, I haven't been able to keep much down. :( I am praying for you two to get a positive soon, so we can share war stories! :)
ReplyDelete