Since I'm a "glass is half full" kind of girl... let's start with the positives. J and I found out early on that we would be able to go to a special 3d/4d ultrasound place at 15 weeks to determine the sexes of our little beans (I'm 15 weeks 3 days today). Since we are impatient and didn't want to wait until the traditional 18 week anatomy scan, my 15 weeks happened to fall on Valentine's Day. So during J's lunch we went to this place and with a lot of cooperation from the beans, the ultrasound tech was able to see that we are having.... drum roll please:
In case you can't read the microscopic writing above each photo it says that we are having a boy and a girl!! We couldn't be any happier! J (and me too, really) REALLY wanted a girl so we are excited that we get our little girl, but I am EQUALLY happy that I also get my little man. The best of both worlds is what I like to say. :) We both told our parents the same way; we gave them both a set of balloons (mine were in boxes so they were able to open them up and see the surprise) that said, "It's a girl!" and "It's a boy!" They are so excited (duh, as they should be!). And can't wait to meet them already. :)
And we told our friends and J's co-workers with delicious desserts. We got two 7 inch round cakes for her co-workers- one was a chocolate cake with blue buttercream frosting inside and the other was white cake with pink frosting; both had white buttercream frosting on it with white chocolate shavings and the saying, "We're having a?" on top. When they cut into the cakes, they would get to see what we're having. :) I did the same thing with my friends except instead of cakes, they each got two cupcakes. Everyone loved the idea and apparently the cakes and cupcakes tasted soo yummy. We really do have some great friends to share in our joy; I have considered us so blessed so far during this pregnancy.
Now, onto the not so great news. On Sunday, our Golden was looking really slumpy and lethargic and just not really acting like herself. Sunday night when we went to bed, she started to cough and choke and gag and proceeded to do that all night long- every hour, on the hour. She never actually threw anything up, but she just seemed so miserable (in turn keeping us up all night, making US miserable). We ended up taking her to the vet first thing Monday morning and $242 dollars later, it turns out she has a nasty cold/cough and had to be given antibiotics and cold medicine and have blood work taken. Poor baby and how miserable for her. Luckily, she seems to be feeling better today, but it was still quite a traumatizing thing for us (and for her, I'm sure).
Lastly, the more not so greater news. Yesterday, I went to the gym with a girlfriend of mine and she convinced me to do 40 minutes of cardio (walking on the treadmill and my normal routine when I go to the gym) and a yoga class. I hadn't taken a yoga class before, but I spoke with the instructor before hand, and told me that as long I did not do anything too strenuous and just made sure I listened to my body I should be okay. So, that's what I did... I didn't do any crazy stretches or positions and I felt like I was taking it really easy. However, my body did not seem to think so... I left the class, and before we left the gym, I went into the locker room to use the restroom only to find that I was bleeding profusely from my lady parts.
Instant panic and fear flooded my body and I immediately went outside to meet my friend and told her that I needed to go to my doctor because I was bleeding. She felt so terrible, but after reassuring her it wasn't her fault, I was on the phone with my OB's nurse and she assured, and reassured me that bleeding is normal (uh.. yeah, right!) but that just to be sure, I should go to the emergency room to make sure I'm okay. She did mention to me that my placenta was laying unusually low and that after viewing my chart I may have something called placenta previa. Great... just great. Just as if the news couldn't get any worse.
Not to bore you readers with this already SUPER long blog, and with trivial details, but basically after a 3 hour visit (which BTW, was the SHORTEST time I've ever been in and out of the ER), lots of blood work, two ultrasounds, and two cervix checks... everything seems normal. It seems like the ER's mental checklist consists of 1) has the bleeding stopped? and 2) can we hear the heartbeats and see the two babies? When they can answer both those questions with an unequivocal "yes" they were able to send me home. No real answers to why I was bleeding or what caused it, but he did say that there was nothing I could have done to prevent it nor is there anything I did to cause it, so... that made me feel surprisingly better but it also left me with a lot of questions. Luckily, I already had an appointment scheduled with my OB today so hopefully he can give me a little TLC and ease my fears a bit. Thankfully, the ultrasound tech was able to check my cervix and said she wouldn't consider it previa and that it's just laying low but that is to be expected because I'm 15 weeks and that it would more than likely correct itself as I progress. Phew... thank GOD! Let's hope the placenta does correct itself and that I don't have any more scares.
So, as we roll into Friday, I am relaxing and catching up on all the shows on my DVR. It's been one hell of a week and am grateful that I have such an incredible support system.
Sorry for the long blog; I will keep it shorter and sweeter next time around. I'll keep you all posted on what my OB says today. In the meantime, I hope those of you in blogland are keeping healthy and safe and those of you TTC- may you all be blessed with that BFP soon.
XoXo
Boy and girl... YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!! That is so exciting! I am sorry to hear that it has been a roller coaster type week, but so thrilled to hear that everything turned out ok. Looking forward to more photos of Mr. and Miss Bean! ;)
ReplyDelete